ROADWORTHINESS INSPECTIONS – TANZANIA
COUNTRY REGULATIONS AND INSPECTION REQUIREMENTS
- Vehicle inspection certificate (shakensho)
- Temporary cancellation registration certificate (ichiji masho)
- Export certificate (massho)
(Copy is OK)
- V5 Certificate (for United Kingdom)
Within 21 days from the date of the first inspection (Calendar days)
Can be downloaded within 3 working days after inspection passed
- Valid for 90 days (calendar days) from the date of COC issue to vehicle unloading at Dar Es Salaam
- US$ 150 plus penalty (30% of CIF value)
- No model year restrictions
- Right-hand and Left-hand drive vehicles can be imported
This service involves the conducting of pre- export road safety (roadworthiness) inspection of used motor vehicles from Japan and the United Kingdom, destined for use within the Republic of Tanzania.
This enables only roadworthy and environmentally friendly vehicles to enter the country, thereby ensuring that Tanzania does not become a dumping ground for poor quality used vehicles.
Right-hand drive vehicles are allowed entry into Tanzania. There is currently no age restriction for used vehicles imported into Tanzania.
FAQ FOR TANZANIA ROADWORTHINESS INSPECTIONS
Book your Tanzanian Roadworthiness inspection