ROADWORTHINESS INSPECTIONS – TANZANIA
COUNTRY REGULATIONS AND INSPECTION REQUIREMENTS
Required documents for applications (one of the following)
- Vehicle inspection certificate (shakensho)
- Temporary cancellation registration certificate (ichiji masho)
- Export certificate (massho)
(Copy is OK)
Period during which re-inspection is free
Within 21 days from the date of the first inspection (Calendar days)
Timing of Certificate of Conformity (CoC) issuance
Can be downloaded within 3 working days after inspection passed
Expiration date of the certificate
- Valid for 90 days (calendar days) from the date of COC issue to vehicle unloading at Dar Es Salaam
Availability of on-arrival inspections
- US$ 140 plus penalty (30% of CIF value)
Export regulations, etc. (information as of 2023.3)
- No model year restrictions
- Odometer tampered vehicles are accepted
- Right-hand drive vehicles can be imported
This service involves the conducting of pre- export road safety (roadworthiness) inspection of used motor vehicles from Japan, destined for use within the Republic of Tanzania.
This enables only roadworthy and environmentally friendly vehicles to enter the country, thereby ensuring that Tanzania does not become a dumping ground for poor quality used vehicles.
Right-hand drive vehicles are allowed entry into Tanzania. There is currently no age restriction for used vehicles imported into Tanzania.
FAQ FOR TANZANIA ROADWORTHINESS INSPECTIONS
Book your Tanzanian Roadworthiness inspection