|This contracted assignment with the South Sudan National Bureau of Standards involves the conducting of pre- export road worthiness inspection of new and used motor vehicles from Japan, UK, Singapore, UAE and South Africa, destined for use within the Republic of South Sudan.
This enables only roadworthy and environmentally friendly vehicles to enter the country, thereby ensuring that South Sudan does not become a dumping ground for poor quality vehicles.
Right-hand and Left-hand drive vehicles are allowed into South Sudan (except for buses can only be left-hand drive). While there is currently no age restriction for used vehicles imported into South Sudan, a pre-shipment roadworthiness inspection is required for all new and used vehicle imports.
|FAQ FOR SOUTH SUDAN INSPECTIONS|
A: The South Sudan National Bureau of Standards (SSNBS) requires that a pre-shipment inspection for roadworthiness be carried out on all new and used vehicles imported into the Republic of South Sudan. EAA Company Limited has been contracted to SSNBS as an authorized inspection agency for the pre-shipment inspection for roadworthiness of new and used vehicles. This inspection has been initiated by SSNBS to minimize the risk of unsafe and substandard vehicles entering the South Sudan market, thus ensuring health, safety and environmental protection for South Sudanese. All new and used vehicles must meet the requirements of this important safety Pre-export inspection. Please ensure inspections are completed prior to export.
• The vehicle must pass the mandated roadworthiness inspection, and this includes the use of calibrated equipment for testing of braking systems, side-slip, radiation levels, emissions and lighting etc. Please note that new vehicle consignments require completion of a specific "new" vehicle booking form. Click here
• There is currently no age restriction applied for vehicle imports into South Sudan.
• Right-hand drive and Left-hand drive vehicles can be imported. (Except Buses must only be Left-hand drive).
• Should the pre-shipment inspection not be completed prior to the vehicle export, SSNBS will impose a penalty of 40% of the CIF value of the vehicle, in addition to the full cost of an inspection in South Sudan.
• Vehicles detected with odometer tampering will be rejected and cannot be imported into South Sudan.
1. Please send an “EAA Application form for (South Sudan Only)” to us by Email or Fax
2. Please ensure to attach the copy of Export Certificate of your vehicle. (Please note that the inspection cannot be conducted when there is no Export Certificate). New vehicle consignments will not require Export certificates.
3. EAA will issue an invoice and email or fax it to you by return.
4. EAA will confirm the inspection place, the vehicle details, and the date of inspection booking via telephone or fax, once payment is confirmed.
5. After the inspection is completed and the vehicle is passed, EAA will send the inspection certificate to the Exporter. You may also confirm inspection details at the following E-Cert URL by input of your vehicle chassis number.
A: Inspection fees are as follows:
• Japan = USD$150
• Singapore = USD$150
• UAE = USD$150
• UK = USD$200
• South Africa = USD$150
Book your South Sudan Roadworthiness inspection
Pay your United Kingdom inspection fee using PayPal
*(Travel fee charged for inspection outside Tilbury Port)